Lollar plant 1 and 2

Content

Location information, products and history: Lollar 1

Lollar 1: Aerial photograph of the plant

 
 
  • Location information

    Address, plant tour, employees

    Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH

    Lollar plant

    Justus-Kilian-Straße 1

    35457 Lollar

    Germany

    Tel.: +49 (6441) 418-0

    Contact person for plant tours:

    Phone +49 (6441) 418-0

    Certifications:

    DIN ISO 9001, DIN ISO 14001

    Employees: ca. 1.200

     
     
  • Products

    Key products manufactured at the plant

    - Cast heating boilers

    - Atmospheric special gas boilers

    - Oil/gas fan boilers (all in an output range from 9 to 1,200 kW)

    - Controlling devices

    - Burners

     
     
  • History

    Milestones in the history of the plant

    1854

    Foundation as a charcoal furnace plant under the name of "Hedwigshütte“

    1861

    The plant is taken over by Buderus and renamed "Main-Weser-Hütte"

    1864

    The first coke furnace in the central Lahn region is taken into operation in Lollar

    1878

    Construction of a foundry, which gains an excellent reputation for the production of stoves

    1895

    Start of industrial mass production of boiler sections in Germany in the foundry of Main-Weser-Hütte

    1898

    The first radiator plant on the European continent is built in Lollar

    1907

    After the furnace operation is discontinued, Main-Weser-Hütte becomes a special plant exclusively for heating products

    1908

    Start-up of a “trial facility” - the predecessor to today’s R&D unit

    1920-1929

    Modernisation and replacement investments

    1951/52

    Erection of the first moulding line (assembly line production) in the radiator production unit

    1958

    Start of the production of controlling devices in Lollar

    1970-1978

    Manufacturing conditions in the foundries are improved significantly

    1990-1998

    Extensive modernisation investments – The five millionth sectional boiler is produced at the Lollar plant in 1998

    2004

    150th anniversary of the Lollar plant

     
     

Location information, products and history: Lollar 2

Lollar 2: The plant of Bosch KWK Systems

 
 
  • Location information

    Address

    Bosch KWK Systems GmbH

    Justus-Kilian-Straße 29-33

    35457 Lollar

    Germany

    Tel.: +49 (6406) 9103-0

    Fax: +49 (6406) 9103-30

    E-Mail: info.kwk@de.bosch.com

     
     
  • Products

    Key products manufactured at the plant

    - CHP units

    - ORC systems

    - Gas purification units

    - Exhaust gas treatment systems

     
     
  • History

    Milestones in the history of the plant

    Bosch KWK Systeme in Lollar is Bosch Thermotechnik’s centre of excellence for combined heat and power (CHP) units. For almost 30 years, the company has been developing and manufacturing standardised or customised CHP units for both biogenic gases and natural gas. This means that Bosch KWK Systeme draws on decades of experience in manufacturing cogeneration plants.

    1978

    Helmut Ziegler takes over a metalworking shop with three employees and establishes Ziegler Metallverarbeitung. The resources generated are used for new ideas: the foundations for Köhler & Ziegler are laid.

    1981

    In summer 1981, Harald Köhler approaches Helmut Ziegler with the idea of manufacturing stationary CHP units from mass-produced engines. Building on the combined engineering, metalworking and electrical engineering expertise, the first gas CHP unit (a pilot installation called “Erlkönig”) is built for the Lich sewage treatment plant.

    1983

    The success of the pilot plant leads to the foundation of Vertriebsgesellschaft Köhler & Ziegler OHG. Ingenieurbüro Köhler is responsible for planning and engineering, while Ziegler Metallbau is in charge of design and construction.

    1984/1985

    Köhler & Ziegler wins a research contract from the federal state of Hessen.

    In 1984, Köhler & Ziegler’s catalyst measurement and test bench makes an important contribution to the development of the legal rules and regulations for the definition of pollution limits, Germany’s “1/2 TA Luft” (clean air act).

    1986

    Acquisition and reconstruction of a new site at Auweg in Lollar to expand the office and production space to 1,500 square metres.

    1993

    Expansion of the total plant area to 2,400 square metres.

    1999

    Certification to ISO 9001 and EU Eco-Audit.

    2001

    After intensive development work and bench testing, Köhler & Ziegler achieves higher outputs for all machines, which means increased performance for the same money. The first 1,010 kW CHP unit is installed at a sweets manufacturer and reduces the company’s annual carbon emissions by 5,000 t. Köhler & Ziegler CHP units additionally offer the possibility of air-conditioning.

    2005

    The first generation of the Köhler & Ziegler ORC system is taken into operation. A new container concept is born. All the components of a CHP unit are built into a compact container. Installed at biogas digesters, these units allow for optimised coordination of biogas production and biogas utilisation.

    2007

    The new production hall of Plant II comprises 500 square metres of office space and staff facilities as well as 2,300 square metres of production space. Its total area of 12,500 square metres offers much room for technology and innovative ideas. The new plant increases the total production space of Köhler & Ziegler to 4,700 square metres.

    2008

    Since August 2008, Köhler & Ziegler has supplied Buderus, a brand of Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH, with CHP units in the small and medium output range. The product range includes CHP units in five module sizes (19, 50, 70, 140 and 240 kW).

    2010

    In March 2010, Köhler & Ziegler Anlagentechnik GmbH is taken over by Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH, the leading European supplier of heating products, who holds strong positions in all important market segments. The acquisition makes Köhler & Ziegler a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bosch’s Thermotechnology Division.

    2011

    Köhler & Ziegler Anlagentechnik GmbH is renamed Bosch KWK Systeme GmbH. As a result, the company benefits even more than before from Bosch’s good reputation and brand awareness. The administrative departments move to Justus-Kilian-Straße.

    2012

    Since April 2012, Bosch KWK Systeme has sold its plants under the Bosch brand instead of the Köhler & Ziegler brand. The well-known product range of Köhler & Ziegler is retained and expanded significantly.

    2013

    30 years of experience in CHP business:

    In 1981, engineer Harald Köhler moved up to the young entrepreneur with the idea to build stationary combined heat and power units out of large series engines. Helmut Ziegler was quickly excited - and with the combined knowledge of engineering, metal and electrical engineering, the first gas cogeneration unit was built as a pilot plant "Erlkönig". The success of this product lead to the foundation of the sales company Köhler & Ziegler OHG in February 1983.

    On 1 January 2013, Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Sterlepper is a new member of the management board. He heads the company together with Ralf Klein (Chairman of the Board of Management) and Ulrich Inderthal.

    Helmut Ziegler leaves the Management Board of Bosch KWK Systeme GmbH to 31 December 2012. The founder of Köhler & Ziegler Anlagentechnik GmbH will provide Bosch KWK Systeme GmbH with considerable experience and knowledge in a consulting capacity.