- The 4000 control platform series combines simplicity of installation with the optional complexity required to intelligently control commercial boilers and the components within the heating system.
- Suitable for boilers with or without the Bosch Energy Management System.
4000 Controls and Modules
For larger commercial heating projects even greater control possibilities are available with the modular 4000 series.
Bosch’s Energy Management Systems ensures intelligent communication between all heating system components, including boilers, CHP modules, solar thermal, pumps and Gas Absorption Heat Pumps.
Basic functionality is built into the 4000 controls, however, the function modules provide a flexibility and scalable control solution. System complexity is managed with easily and comprehensively with modules that deliver cascade sequencing, heating circuit control, error reports to BMS, alternative heat sources and safety chain management (high limit thermostats & back-end protection).
- The 4121, 4122 and 4323 controls are all compatible with the Bosch range of EMS boilers, the GB162 wall-hung cascade boiler and the floor standing GB312 and GB402 boilers.
- These controls contain varying levels of in-built intelligence, with particular heating system control requirements realised via optional function modules.
- Energy Management System intelligence
- Integral heating circuit and Domestic Hot Water (DHW) control
- Expandable modular control
- Ability to cascade controls for complex or particularly large systems
- Room thermostat (BFU) and clip-in options (MEC2)
- Service and commissioning wizards and tools (MEC2)
- Weather compensation options
Easy to install, function modules offer a solution to tailor heating system controls. Additional functionality is available for: Boiler sequencing of up to 2 boiler (FM456) or 4 boilers (FM457). Up to 8 boilers possible. Additional heating circuit control (FM441 and FM442). BMS 0-10v interface option with error and fault reporting (FM448). Integration of solar thermal (FM443) and alternative heat sources such as CHP or Gas Absorption Heat Pumps (FM444).
- The 4211, 4212, 4321 and 4322 controls are all compatible with the Bosch range of Cast Iron and Stainless Steel boilers, which all utilise external, non-integrated burners for fuel supply flexibility and energy security.
- These controls contain varying levels of in-built intelligence, with particular heating system control requirements realised via optional function modules: External burner control (on/off, 2-stage or high/low and modulating burners). Back-end protection control - raising of return temperature with mixing valve (ZM427). BMS 0-10v interface option with error and fault reporting (FM448). High limit control (ZM426). Safety chain control. Integral heating circuit control. Additional heating circuits (FM442). MEC2 clip-in control and remote room thermostat option. Weather compensation options. Domestic Hot Water (DHW) control of load and circulation pumps and tank sensors. Service and commissioning wizards and tools (MEC2). Integration of solar thermal (FM443) and alternative heat sources such as CHP or Gas Absorption Heat Pumps (FM444).