This module is used for storing a defined quantity of energy which becomes available as expansion steam during pressure reduction. It is used for accommodating peak loads, e.g. if the capacity of a steam generator is exceeded briefly. The greater the water content of the accumulator, the greater the re-evaporation heat.
Steam Accumulator Module SAM
The module provides additional steam in peak loads.
At a glance
- For covering short-term peak loads
- Compensates for brief power peaks
- Reduces water entrainment and counteracts its negative effects
- Reduces switching frequency of steam generator
- Reduces energy consumption and wear