- To prevent boiler scale, boiler systems may only be used with softened feed water. The applicable guidelines for water characteristics set limits for total water hardness depending on the boiler and its mode of operation. Water softening is performed by filtering the raw water and preparing make-up water via an ion exchange process. This substitutes the ions causing the hardness (calcium and magnesium ions) with sodium ions.
- Fully automatic systems require less operating effort, rule out the possibility of operating errors, permit continuous operation and make better use of capacity compared to manual systems used with water of comparable hardness.
Water Treatment Module WTM
The module is the ideal solution for softened feed water.
At a glance
- Fully automatic softening of the fresh water prevents the formation of limescale
- Reliably soft feed water for preventing calcification of the boiler surfaces
- Ensures efficient heat transfer, high efficiency and long service life of the boiler
- High level of operational reliability and integration into the boiler control system
- Needs-oriented automatic operation possible for unsupervised operation, even with fluctuating raw water hardness
- Ideal in combination with the fully automatic water analysis device